ASX Script

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Sep 3 12:24:38 CDT 2004

Lucas Peet wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 10:38, Jason Clinton wrote:
>

>>http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html
>>

><RANT>

<summary>
You arrogant FOSS people keep telling people to go look it up
themselves. That's what's wrong with FOSS.
</summary>

><shakes head></RANT>

Whoa there, ESR, calm down.

Quoth the raven to who I replied:

Well, Jason implies that he knows a way to write the launch script that would
fix the problem, but he's not telling.

Jonathan and I have a long history of a loving relationship in which we
continually love to hate each other. You're reading more in to this than
its worth.

I'll simply, more clearly point out that HTTP has long had a STANDARD
for handling content distributed from a web server and further, for
handing those links off to applications that can handle it. It's called
MIME and I could be wrong but anyone that claims to have been
administering Linux servers "since you were watching Barney on TV"
(direct quote) should know that.

Jonathan has been an persistent, annoying voice in the IRC channel
claiming one minute to know better than everyone else and the next
asking questions on topics that he ealier professed to be an expert
over. We once had an argument on this mailing list over HTML posting in
which he privately emailed me saying "You are a willing vector of the
plauge." As it turns out, he knows nothing about HTML or CSS and was
just talking through his ass.

I am further spiteful because I offered to fix all of this two years ago
and they weren't interested.

In short, when it comes to questions from Jonathan, I don't have any
patience. After all, he's the expert. Now, put the flamethrower down.