Cron

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 20:06:39 CDT 2004

"Gerald Combs" <gerald at ethereal.com> wrote:

> Most of my local crontab entries look something like:
>
> 30 5 * * * /path/to/script > /path/to/script.log 2>&1
>
> Each time "script" runs, stdout and stderr are written to "script.log".

  I usually direct to /tmp/script.log (or some other directory obviously
intended to hold files that change on a regular basis) instead, because I'm
trying to keep good discipline and not have the executables (which could be;
and arguably SHOULD be, in a filesystem mounted read-only) in the same
directories as the log files (which obviously can't)