We got an ITEC Booth!

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Oct 26 10:51:19 CDT 2004

In all seriousness, if that is possible from me, you should probably wear business casual.  Slacks or Docker type pants and a collared shirt like a Polo.  Or nice jeans if you want to be a bit more comfortable.  Like Dustin said, there is always the possibility of an on-the-spot job interview to consider.  Just don't embarrass yourself before you get a chance to talk to someone with the ability to hire.  If you are comfortably employed, then break out the bunny slippers and Cafe Press "Linux Rox" thong.

Damn, I knew I couldn't do it.  ;-)

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Dustin Decker" <> 10/26/04 10:06AM >>>

> I am going to wear jeans and a black Think Geek Tux polo, my only
> request (not that I am anybody mind you its just my opinion) is that
> we not wear shorts/flip-flops.
>
> There is already a stigma that Linux users are the geeks, weirdos and
> odd balls that live in the basement of our mothers house - so if we at
> least present a semi-working friendly appearance, maybe we can (in a
> small way I know) make a better first initial impression.

I tend to agree.  I know Hal Duston generally does the suit and tie for an
engagement such as this... and is all the better for it if interviewed on
T.V.