spamassassin question [with blacklist question]

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 17:54:17 CDT 2004

Brian, since this is a Debian system, why not use apt-pinning for Spam
Assassin to get the version from testing?  What does Spam Assassin
depend on?  If it doesn't need the latest and greatest of a bunch of
pkgs., then you shouldn't have much problem.  e.g. if it depends on
Python, but doesn't need the latest.
http://www.agnula.org/download/demudi/apt_pinning/view
http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

Brian Densmore wrote:

> I happen to like apache 1.3 and see no problems with the 2.4 kernel.
> The SA version in stable is 2.2 so it's quite out of date. Then there
> is exim using version 3.36. The thing I like about stable is that
> the security patches happen first in stable. Having been hacked once,
> I tend to be a bit more conservative these days (*and by the way, I've
> also been seeing a lot of those scripted hack attacks). At least where my
> "production" software is concerned. At home I run testing/unstable.
> Not sure how I accomplished that, but there it is.

<snip>