Shared teleconferencing in Linux

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Oct 21 09:51:14 CDT 2004

Well, I tried at the meeting to get this going.  Gconf is apparently misconfigured on my laptop.   I had no idea it was even on there, nor how to fix it.  I was mucking about in the schema files for Gconf and was reminded of the structures within the Windows registry.  *shudders*  After a quick shot of tequila I can supress the horror.  I'll try to apt-get remove gnomemeeting and possibly gconf and start over.  If that doesn't work I was wanting to try something else on there anyway.  That's what I get for installing Knoppix to HDD and then upgrading.  Oh, the horror.

Next candidate is either Libranet (same as server), Mepis (new release of SimplyMepis), UserLinux and the new 4.5MB ISO installer, or just plain Debian and the new Sarge installer.  I'll probably go straight Debian and if I fubar that, then go w/ one of the others.

Brian Kelsay