Charity needs help selling off computer equipment

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 10:41:38 CDT 2004

I don't like spam, and I'm only mentioning this
because many of you may benefit from it.

The Community and Senior Service Center at 67th &
Nieman Rd. (behind StoneBridge Wines & Fine Foods) in
Lenexa, KS, gets a lot of donated computer hardware.
I volunteer my time there testing most of the
equipment they get, so I know most of what they have
works.  Everything I test gets a price label with
information as to whether or not it works and how well
it works.

Anyway, they don't have a lot of space to store
anything, and they have quite a lot of computer
equipment which needs to go to people who need it.  If
any of you need things like monitors and keyboards,
you should come by and check them out.  Due to the
lack of space most are priced to sell quickly.

Used Monitors 14" and 15" go for $10 usually,
sometimes a little higher but most of them are $10
right now.  Used Keyboards, AT & PS/2, go for $3 each.
 Used Inkjet printers are $10.  We're pricing all the
miscellaneous cables, power, printer, whatever, at $1
each for a few more weeks.  And for those of you
wanting to do a little extremely low end
experimenting, there are some 386 and 486 machines
lying around for $3-$5 each (if nothing else, consider
them a $3 used floppy drive).  There's even one used
Pentium 100Mhz with a CDROM!  (ooooo!)

Don't mind the duct tape on the cases, its crude
security to keep the folks who open cases from
stealing the RAM, CDROM drive, floppy drive, etc.,
then closing the case and walking away.  Had two
computers which were rendered nearly useless from that
last week.

So come on down, buy some hardware.  All the food is
free (1 sweet item per person) and sometimes they have
fresh vegetables too.