BitTorrent + INDUCE Act + Linspire 5.0

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 21:50:22 CDT 2004

Forwarded for your viewing pleasure:
Commas added, spaces killed.
And again, no.  It was John Bigboote and Lord John Worphin.  Yoyo Ma had
no connection to Yoyodyne or Buckaroo Banzai.  An yes, Yoyo Ma is a
cellist, and a damn good one.  A cello is related to a violin, at least.
  I was distracted.  Read on.

> Oren Beck wrote:
>
>> Monty J. Harder wrote:
>
>      B:    No, because I don't believe in Godwin.
>
>>>     A:    Well, yo mama dresses you funny!
>>

>> Yo mama ? wasn't he a violin player?
>>
>> Oren
>

> No.  That was Yoyo Ma.

Was he the founder of Yoyodyne?
As in, "wherever you go, there you are."
The back to topic being, Yoyodyne has been used as a
foo in .nix placeholder names.  This lineage of humor has
more grounding in objective realities than INDUCE does.
The public perception sees Linspire, and the criminal aspects
addressed by the misbegotten legislative FUD, as all one lump.
Result being that, anti-copying/sharing legislation
gets more good press than Buckaroo Banzai did.

Hell folks, the logic used to assault our freedoms in ANY aspect
of our mundane lives has begun to resemble the eighth dimension
more than not.

Sadly the unfunny part is that shite like INDUCE
detracts from Linux as yet more FUD tarnishes Open Source.
Every time another un-refuted salvo of FUD slimes Linux,
and by extension all Open Source, it hurts our common cause.

Anyone more able than I, at authoring some face-to-face
verbal ammo to shoot down the fudmongers we encounter daily,
is humbly begged to share it with us!

Oren

www.campdownunder.com

"So, would listing on my resume that I am a Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Special Operator help my employability?"