Help configuring fetchmail

linux at bizniche.com linux at bizniche.com
Fri Oct 15 02:12:01 CDT 2004

Oooooookay.  Thanks for that.  exim, fetchmail and procmail seem to be
doing their thing now.

For some tests, I setup 2 pop3 accounts on a different server, and added
2 fetchmail entries for them, and 2 procmail entries.  They're getting
to the right IMAP folder and everything, which is exciting!

Like Jeremy said, there the onces not addressed to me are not being
sorted right. My procmail entries look at the To: line, but that's all
I can think to look at.  One of the accounts is this
one...linux at bizniche.com.  Nowhere in the header so I see
linux at bizniche.com.  It seems to me that it should be in the

Reading around on the web, I see options for fetchmail like 'envelope'
and 'no envelope' and stuff.  But nothing seems to work.  It seems like
there is a way to specify the string value of a header...so I can
search for that with procmail.  Is that right?  Or maybe there is a way
to tell fetchmail not to try and change any headers?

I've read the sections that seem to deal with headers here:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-man.html a few million
times, and they're not clear to me.

Anyone know how to make sure I get my email sorted when it doesn't come
straight to me?

Matt