Shared teleconferencing in Linux

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Oct 14 09:48:25 CDT 2004

I understand.  Luckily the crying at my house is at a dull roar mostly.  The youngest is 4 now.  So if you don't want to bring her that's cool.  If you have a Yamaha OPL3-Sax chipset, then good luck, you'll need it.  If I recall, you have an older laptop that may have one of those.  An old Toshiba, right?

Somebody else want to volunteer to bring the other half of the required hardware?  Laptop or desktop, webcam that works under Linux, network and sound already working under Linux.  I'll have a 10/100/wireless switch and always have a few extra Cat5 cables.  I have a newer USB webcam, but haven't gotten it to work yet.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 10/14/04 09:11AM >>>
Getting to meetings is rather tough for me these days.
Dropping off and picking up my daughter from daycare,
she might get a bit cranky staying out that late, and
when she gets cranky everyone hears about it. She's
really still only got one word for complaining...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Not sure, I'm ready to subject the list to that yet, but
if there is a consensus on the list to see the demo, I'll
provide the other half, it would have to be a desktop though
because I haven't been able to get the sound working on the
laptop (ok I haven't tried every combination).