Keystroke Macro Recording Software for Mozilla?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 17:18:50 CDT 2004

Jon Moss wrote:

> I want to automate some of the tasks I do daily (mostly checking websites
> that require I login but are SSL encrypted).
>
> Any suggestions on software or plugins for capturing keystrokes and mouse
> clicks?

If what you want is Mozilla control only, go to mozdev.org and see if
there is a plugin for what you want.  If not, you should be able to
script the launching of browser windows and possibly tabs with a
combination of bash and commands that gecko/mozilla will respond to.
Each website will likely need differently formatted input and user/pass
input.  If you have the password manager save the password for a site,
some of this will be taken care of for you.  Give the details of at
least one site and then we can be more specific.  Do Not give us your
password, just how you format it and the page you input it.