BitTorrent question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Oct 6 14:09:08 CDT 2004

On Wed, October 6, 2004 1:13 pm, Jeremy Turner said:

> The major browsers have some sort of FTP client included, at the very
> least for downloading purposes.  Will the demand for BitTorrent drive
> inclusion of this technology into next-generation browsers?

As I understand it, this is how the current bittorrent scripts are
supposed to work.  You define the mime type of a torrent file as being
handled by the script, and if you click on a torrent link in your browser
it launches.

Again, I haven't gotten any of this to work on my own systems - largely
because I haven't tried very hard - but this is the ONLY way I've seen to
start a bittorrent download.