towards bittorrent proxying (was Re: Bittorrent)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Oct 6 10:28:12 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 10:05 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> I agree.  BitTorrent works.

If you haven't had problems with it, you're not much help troubleshooting it.

My firewall's built from scratch, so I have a pretty good idea how it works.
It does work.

Bittorrent doesn't.

Note that this is the problem: for the fortunate, bittorrent works.  For the
rest of us, it doesn't, and short of a major effort to troubleshoot it it
won't.  Most of us aren't going to put that effort in, especially if there's
something available via ftp that will do the job we're actually trying to do.

All the "helpful" suggestions from people who've never had a problem with
bittorrent notwithstanding, _ftp_ works.