apache questions to follow

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Oct 1 15:39:20 CDT 2004

The "Listen" parameter is commented out and the comments say to add IPs to listen to in addition to default.  How do I know if the default is set correctly?  I've seen a message while trying to access a .cgi file that the server was on 127.0.0.1.  To me that seems wrong.

As I said, I get an error, "The requested URL /irc.cgi was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.27 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80"   I've got cgiirc installed via apt, but the cgi script is not working.  I've got httpd.conf open, as I assume that cgi is not enabled.  I'm trying to find that line now.  mod_cgi.so is getting loaded.  On the Options line, I added ExecCGI.  The scripts for cgiirc live in /usr/share/cgiirc.

When I get this fixed, I will hopefully be able to have IRC access from anywhere to #kclug, #knoppix, #debian, #damnsmalllinux, #morphix on freenode.

Brian Kelsay