Securing IIS system via Linux????

Patrick M pert at tas-kc.com
Wed Nov 17 07:11:07 CST 2004

Hi, I have a vendor that is wanting me to open a hole so an external IIS
server can access an internal SQL database, and an Access database via a
read only share. There may be a way around the Access share.....  for a
price.

--I have an internal IIS server, but don't want to open it to the public.
--I have tried using the IIS lockdown tool on the external server, but
it breaks the system if I use it.
--IIS is required by the vendor.

--What would any of you trust?
    Some proxy.
    I am using netopia personal/SOHO routers for my DMZ and a Pix 506
for my internal network.

     I have seen cgi's that relay one web page through another should I
see if one of these will not break the pages? Any suggestions on these.
i.e. names/url's

Or would you just punch a hole through for that one server to access SQL
  (and possibly shares)

CC/send responses directly to my address. I am losing messages from
kclug... list messages are not even connecting to my server, but admin
requests are. Yes I looked at the connection logs, and I don't see them
being rejected.