MS heads for HPC

Gerald Combs gerald at zing.org
Tue May 25 17:24:20 CDT 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> "According to ZDNet, Microsoft may be feeling threatened by Linux gaining ground in the High
Performance Computing (HPC) arena. As a result, they have formed a HPC group to bring windows to
these systems. It makes a mention of how clustered computing may be a target. I guess the only
thing better than crashing 1 computer at a time is crashing an entire room full at once."
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103_2-5219282.html
>
> I just laughed myself out of the chair.

Get ready to fall out of your chair again.

"HP, others to sell Microsoft firewall appliances"

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/05/25/HNsellmsfirewalls_1.html

This is sure to be a winner, given Microsoft's impeccable network
security reputation.