sending a text message to phone when receiving email

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon May 24 17:02:27 CDT 2004

Text message gateways are up to the provider.  Most U.S. providers seem to
offer email gateways, but for some reason very few European mobile providers
do so, and when they do the fees are very high.  That's probably the ONLY way
that European mobile phone service lags behind ours - mostly they're way out
in front and their fees are reasonable.

Then again, the casual ease with which we use the 'net here isn't as common
over there - access is far more restricted and expensive.

Sorry, just rambling, I'm off across the pond again on Wednesday.