internet forensicks

darkweb4 darkweb4 at gbronline.com
Fri May 21 19:22:52 CDT 2004

From: "darkweb4" <darkweb4 at gbronline.com>
To: Kendrick-LUG <kulua at linux2themax.com>
Subject: Re: internet forensicks

Sorry, I became caught up in the whole "cute" thing with the
last email.  Here are some links to some hosts files.  you
should be able to add these sites to your squid rules.

This is a list of hosts files that I found, and I've
combined most of them into one file.  This might be
overkill, however, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Also,
another benifit of using these files is the ability to block
ads.  Many of the sites in these files are sites, like
doubleclick, that serve many of the ads on the Internet

http://www.smartin-designs.com/

<snip>
 rather then have 2 firewalls.
</snip>

Mea Culpa.  I didn't comunicate properly.  Install zonealarm
and determine what is "dialing home".  Get ride of the
malware.  Uninstall zonealarm.  Zonealarm, at its strictist,
will popup a message for _every_ program that tries to
comunicate on the internet.  This makes it easy to see what
is doing what.  There are other ways of doing this, but this
is a userfriendly way to do this.

Tim