sending a text message to phone when receiving email

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri May 21 16:13:16 CDT 2004

Search for SMS messaging on freshmeat.  This came up a few days ago.  There are a lot of
progs/scripts that can send system messages via SMS.  You can also likely send via SMTP.  My phone
accepts email at 816-xxx-xxxx at t-mobile.com and a pager I had once with text messaging worked that
way too.  To be sure of the format of the address, check the website for your provider.  They
usually have a webpage where you can type a message in and input the phone number.  They show the
@provider.com after the phone # blank.

Brian Kelsay

>>> <JARiley at dstsystems.com> 05/21/04 11:04AM >>>
Using sendmail on SuSe 8.x.

What kind of script or config can I setup to have my system email my phone
a text message with subject line of incoming emails, etc.??

James