CVS pserver

Lucas Peet sirsky at lucastek.com
Sat May 15 01:32:41 CDT 2004

All,

I'm starting on a big PHP/MySQL web development project and was wanting
to use CVS to add versioning control to the code tree.  I've searched
the net, but haven't been able to find much if any info on setting up a
CVS server, creating modules, adding, deleting files, creating users and
passwords, etc, etc...

All the Howto's I've come across are just 'How to connect to our CVS
server'.

I'm running Gentoo, I've got both cvs and cvsd emerged, my CVSROOT
directory has been created, configured, and initialized, what I'm really
trying to figure out is the administration end of the deal.  I even
managed to get some files imported into it, but they're not where I want
them, and I can't delete anything from the repository (short of rm -fing
them from the shell).

I guess if anyone knows of any good CVS Server how-to's, or just some
off the top-of-your-head info would be great!

-Lucas