fetchmail and mbox migration

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon May 3 17:42:40 CDT 2004

Short answer, yes.

> ... stored in mbox format on another computer.  How would I go
> about migrating the existing email into whatever format the
> mail server/fetchmail will use?  Also, what are some
> recommendations for different mail servers?
I recommend exim+procmail+courier-imap as a mail server. I'd also
recommend using maildir format. There is a program called
mbox2maildir and another called mb2md and yet another called
mb2md-2 that convert mbox format to maildir format. I have a howto page
on this on my website. Not sure if it is useful as I have only
gotten a few feedbacks on it so far and no one has told me
they have been able to use it to build a working system yet.
It may be overkill for you, but you ought to be able to get
enough information for your uses.
http://www.amason.net/eximplus.php

The system, for me, is much faster than my old mbox configuration.

Brian
(T-7 days and counting)