[OT] Japanese Error Messages

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Mar 19 17:50:17 CST 2004

Got this from a friend today. Maybe you have already seen it. If so,
sorry for the double-post...

Here are some actual error messages seen on computer screens in Japan,
where some are written in Haiku. Aren't these better than "your computer
has performed an illegal operation"?

The Web site you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.
Program aborting: Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.
Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your
screams.
Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that.
Your file was so big. It might have been very useful. But now it is gone.
Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.
Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has
occurred?
You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.
Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky, But we never will.
Having been erased, The document you're seeking must now be re-keyboarded.
Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

-gk

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux