Any work with Mono very much?

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Fri Mar 19 14:56:35 CST 2004

Some of you may remember a thread I started a couple months ago about c#
versus php, and which I should learn.  Well, I decided to go ahead with
c#, and I've fallen in love with it.  That aside, I've been working on
an application, and have some ideas for a few more, but hosting is going
to be an issue.  The way I've written my programs is using SQL server (I
know, but that's all I had access to).  But then I noticed on osnews
that Mono just had a new release, so I went and checked it out.

It appears that they've got quite a bit done implementing asp.net and
ado.net.  My question is this - has anyone had any experience working
with c# asp.net via Mono, and MySQL?  Also, has anyone worked with the
server that the Mono project has written?  It looks like those three
things put together is just what I need, and I think would be a really
powerful combination, as long as it all works.  Any one with experience
with this?  If so, is there any ideas where I might find a local hosting
company that might have this set-up?

Thanks,

Josh