Advice: Virus on Win2k

Rex Deaver rdeaver at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 14:51:28 CST 2004

Or if you are like me, you can do this all graphically without ever needing to go to the "dark
place"  :)

I used Knoppix-STD for this, but I think all of these same tools are in the standard Knoppix
distro.  Use LinNeighborhood to connect to a Windows/Samba machine with a shared directory. Login
as a user to the machine & workgroup. Mount the share. Browse to the mount, open the window, browse
to the hd in question, open another window, drag and drop your data.

Ain't choice wonderful? :)

Leo J Mauler <webgiant at juno.com> wrote:

Mount it like any other partition: boot KNOPPIX, (there's an icon in the menu), make a directory in
/mnt, such as /mnt/windows, and mount it like this:

mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows -t ntfs -r

Use vfat in place of ntfs for any FAT32 partitions.

Then copy files off the partitions and copy them over the network to your server.