Advice: Virus on Win2k

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Mar 11 04:01:39 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:50:54AM -0600, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:
> I have a machine on my LAN that must have gotten infected by a virus.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded. Here's where I'm
at (just in case you wanted to know...):

  The F8 to Safe Mode did not work. Locked up on boot sequence.

  I'm in the process of downloading Knoppix. 700 meg on my "broad" band
  (128k) is going to take a while. So, I don't have an answer for how
  this is gonna work.

  Thanks for the link to the small "how to" recover a disk using
  Knoppix.

  Thanks for the link to the free antivirus.

I appreciate all the help.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux