Advice: Virus on Win2k

Rex Deaver rdeaver at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 16:38:56 CST 2004

Most any of the livecd distros should work. I have a LindowsCD that I use for this very
thing...boot from CD, configure networking, transfer files from the hdd to another machine on the
LAN.

Greg Kedrovsky <greg at iglesia-del-este.com> wrote:I've tried booting from my install disk and doing
repairs. Nothing
works. I slept on it last night, and this morning I had a thought:
Knoppix. I have never used Knoppix before, so I would a bit of a
learning curve to climb. But, would I be able to boot Knoppix (BIOS
allows CDROM booting), mount the hdd and transfer any and all info I
want to my server via a pcmcia lan card?