Anti-spam SMTP mods

Daniel Siemens Dsiemens at kcimplants.com
Tue Mar 9 18:05:18 CST 2004

If all admins would set up reverse DNS we could enable this ability to verify that the domain in
the email is indeed the one that is sending it, we would also see a dramatic decline in spam.   I
suspect that 75% of email is from servers that don't have reverse DNS records setup.   I would
expect that 50% of those without reverse DNS account for 80% of the spam.