Linux video

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Fri Mar 5 07:34:37 CST 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

>TVs usually work at a specific resolution and refresh rate.  You need to change to these values
for your output.  I can't remember off the top of my head, but some of the TV PVR sites will have
those values.

740x5xx  is the resolution the inistry tends to use for standard tv
picture atleast in the 3d programs i have seen..   how ever I need to
clarify my requirements...

I was actualy intrested in dampening things like muzzle flash, police
lights,  strobing commercial effects etc...   things that would be
likely to trigger a ciesure.  it is from the video streem not from
hardware configuration..     television is increesingly using strobing
effects to make the commercials more attension getting.  the side effect
is that people that are inclined to have ciesures will be screwed from
watching tv.   also does any one know if the vcr plus type information
can be decoded to be able to blank out the video when it marks a
commercial coming?
i know thats going to be a program specific one just wondering if any
one had seen that as a option in ones they have tryed