Video Capture Card

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Mar 3 16:21:09 CST 2004

Pretty much anything with a bt848 or bt878 chipset.  There are some Conexant chipsets that work,
but not many and not perfectly.
Look at
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=pvrhw_tuners&PHPSESSID=ddd56227f6af3a243cd6dfa722be
bfae  for the top tuners in use by MythTV users.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/ and search for a card you have in mind.
http://home.t-online.de/home/gunther.mayer/bttv/bttv-gallery.html  is the most comprehensive list I
have found of TV and Radio cards that work w/ the BTTV driver modules.

I have an old STB card w/ bt848 chip and a newer I/O Magic w/ bt878.  I got the I/O magic on sale
at CompUSA last year sometime.  Best bet is to look at what the stores around you have to offer,
write the model # down and check against these sites for ones that work.  I would recommend one of
the Hauppage boards, as they have been providing free hardware and specs to the MythTV developers
and the bttv driver developers.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Greg Kedrovsky <> 03/03/04 09:33AM >>>
Does anyone have a "video capture card" that works well with Linux? I'm
running Slackware 9.1, kernel 2.4.22, and would like to be able to watch
cable tv on my desktop using something like tvtime. That means I need a
pci video capture card (I think). Any recommendations? I don't need a
lot of bells and whistles, just a standard deal.