KCLUG Meeting This Week at Foss

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Mar 2 18:56:33 CST 2004

Now to add my two pence of organizational goodness.

If anyone that is planning to attend wishes to have help installing a distro, please either have
the distro in hand or post in this thread ASAP so someone can agree to burn and bring it.  Very
important!!  It will save us time.  Don't agree to burn and bring unless you can follow through.
Also, get your PC/laptop to the meeting as near the start time as possible and make yourself known.
  Ask someone, anyone, who would be able to help install your distro and you can get matched up w/
someone familiar w/ your distro of choice or I'll help you myself (I think I've done all the major
ones but Slackware and lots of minor ones).   Granted we will have 2 extra hours over the standard
library time, but this can be used for a more customized install.  If you wait until 9pm to show
up, it may be too late, depends on the speed of the rooms connection and the speed of the mirror
site for the distro.

John Geiger:  Can you get the Network connection details to the first person to show up?  If avail.
we will need gateway address, if DHCP is avail. or a range of addresses we can use statically, w/
subnet mask, DNS addresses would also be helpful.  Is wireless available?  If not I will have my
SMC router/AP and NAT to one IP address.  That is what we usually do at the library for the laptops.

I can just imagine we might have some of the students from the school and other new attendees.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "John Geiger" <> 03/02/04 12:04PM

Just to add to Jason's notes that Foss Training Center closes at 10 pm
so everyone needs to be out by then.