List etiquette

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Tue Mar 2 07:45:31 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:42:57 -0600 Uncle Jim <jim at jimani.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:03:39PM -0600, Hal Duston wrote:
> > Statistics for list kclug as of Mon Mar  1 13:03:37 CST 2004
> >
> >     310 unique subscribed addresses.
> >     181 unique domains.
> >     158 domains occurring only once.
>
> What's the difference between "unique domains" and "domains
> occurring only once"?

MAJOR GENERAL: "Exactly!  You said orphan frequently only once!"
PIRATE KING: "Seize that man!"

   -- "The Pirates of Penzance, or The Slave Of Duty", Gilbert &
Sullivan.

(HINT: wordplay here on the way "orphan" sounds like "often" in an
English accent)

Still one of my favorite shows.  Especially enjoy the Constabulary songs
and the song about the pirates sneaking up on the Major General's house
(which is the LOUDEST song in the whole production).