Democrats Tap Open Source

Curt Box cbox at kc.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 13:14:43 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 08:50 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 07:54 pm, Jim Herrmann wrote:
> > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1617712,00.asp
> >
> > Open source has expanded into the political world...
>
>  If I cared I might remember the  URL. Some people made a big deal out of it
> for a while, then everybody rememberd that it's just software.

Any adoption of OSS should be welcomed by members of the KCLUG, wether it be
foreign counties, US cities, or the Democratic party, etc. I would be the
first to acknowledge that Jim's post is both informational and political,
however your reaction must be to the political inference and seems to support
SCO's suggestion that OSS and community based efforts are little more than
communist. This is unfortunate as the decision to not use an insecure,
proprietary product from an abusive monopolistic corporation indicates good
judgment and a willingness to not co-tow to at least one corporate interest.
Of course thats just my opinion, I could be right. :')