Windows HPC

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jun 23 17:34:58 CDT 2004

ROFLMAO!
M$ is hyping a new vaporware OS Windows HPC
(High Performance Computing)

A quote from Microsoft:

'Microsoft hopes its new Windows version will make it easy to manage clusters and to develop
software for them. It also promises "a secure...platform with high performance and low total cost
of ownership."'

Secure!? Low total cost of ownership!!!!???? I thought they were talking about Windows until
I saw this. Oh, now I understand. They are going to use a Linux Cluster and manage it with
a Windows client.

to read more:
http://news.com.com/Microsoft+confirms+supercomputing+plans/2100-1016_3-5245039.html?tag=nefd.top

Windows is a