Messages at login

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jun 22 20:28:49 CDT 2004

So what you're saying is that it would be possible to
write a daemon that could read a random spot in the
fortune database at random intervals and stick it in
/etc/motd? And no one has done this yet? Of
course it would mean no one could personalize it as it
would be system-wide. Thanks for removing my ignorance on
the subject.