Suse now providing downloadable iso of 9.1 personal

Richard Franklin RAldenFranklin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 21 19:45:20 CDT 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

>http://www.distrowatch.com/?newsid=01692#0
>
>"Departing from its past practice of not providing ISO images for free download, SUSE has released
a complete, bootable, and installable ISO image of SUSE LINUX 9.1 Personal. You can find it on
SUSE's main FTP server or one of its mirrors, although there is no news about the release on SUSE's
own web site. This is a great way to try out SUSE LINUX 9.1 and see its capabilities, before
upgrading to the Professional edition via FTP or purchasing the full boxed versions (which includes
commercial software). Download from here: SUSE-9.1-personal-x86.iso (700MB) or try one of the
official SUSE mirrors."

>Mirrors: http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/ftp/int_mirrors.html
>
>For those of you in Jason's Linux class, I stand corrected from my statement Saturday.
>Holy Smokes!  Thanks Novell!
>
>Brian Kelsay

Downloaded the 9.1 ISO last night ... the best solution, so far, for my
laptop, which did not produce sound with SUSE 9.0 (unless static counts
as sound). Noticeable speed improvement. Just needed to download Mozilla
(not included in the freebie version), and it was ready to travel.

Rick