websurfing odds

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Jun 10 19:50:16 CDT 2004

It all has to do with which proxy you use and if there is filtering and by whom.  Most proxy
filters allow the network admin to customize the error/warning message.  Usually a good admin will
have  a link back to a document describing how to get a website/page reinstated if you have a valid
use for the material.  For some reason, Altavista Babelfish and Google translations are blocked
here as are some other online translation resources.  I have just found other, not so good/not so
free translation engines.

If you have a valid, business use for a page or need some info off of it, most admins, if they have
time will look at and release the page for viewing.  I have also had to just look at the google
cache if I was in a hurry.  There are ways.   Sometimes, all it takes are for the ads on a page to
get it blocked (e.g. porn ads).

Brian Kelsay

>>> <st> 06/10/04 01:56PM >>>
When surfing the web here at the work I get this.
 Forbidden, this page (http://www.archive.org/) is categorized as:
Anonymizer/Translator.

WOOT the thunder is awesome right near it seems.

 Warning: this page
(http://www.w2.weather.com/common/jump3.html?/maps/garden.html) is categorized
as: Coach Media Usage. If you continue your manager will be notified.

If you wish to continue, click here:
http://www.w2.weather.com/common/jump3.html?/maps/garden.html

This is really really odd anyone know what this is from?