Cyber cafe article

Brian Kelsay blkelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Jun 7 18:02:57 CDT 2004

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/print/5284/

Recently someone on the list mentioned setting up a sort of cybercafe and I happened back upon this
article today from March.  It's pretty standard stuff, using an available or customized LiveCD
Linux and could be paired with wireless solutions as needed.  This article goes into the specifics
of a Univ. situation and obstacles to getting people to switch to Open Office.  I like what the kid
did to his dad.  He switched him right before a business trip so he had to use it.

In case I've posted this before feel free to ignore it.  I also wanted to mention that I downloaded
the Public IP Zone CD over the weekend.  It is a Morphix-based LiveCD to make your own wireless AP
with content filtering, nocat auth, and much more.  This also fits in with the cyber cafe idea.
For my next LUG demo, I'm going to use this in an old box with a regular nic and the new Wireless
PCI nic I got last week for $10 (as seen in the #kclug room).  I will have to customize the ISO to
include my wireless drivers, and may have to manually insmod the driver, but that shouldn't be a
problem.

Brian Kelsay