Netscape open port

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Jun 3 14:31:28 CDT 2004

If you got a 404 message, that tells me that maybe a personal webserver is running on that port and
you just don't have any pages for it to serve.  you may be able to go into Composer and turn this
off.  Sounds like a security risk to me in any event.

Brian Kelsay

>>> J C <root-linux at sbcglobal.net> 06/03/04 05:07AM >>>
I seem to be having an issue with netscape navigator 7.1.  I don't use
Netscape hardly but it came with the ditro I'm using, Slackware 9.1.  I
run nmap on my network quite often.  What I have found is that everytime
Netscape is running port 5180 is open.  Nmap does not give any info
regarding the port and says it's unknown. I tried to establish a
connection with port 5180 and I recived a 404 error like some sort of
web service is running on it.

Does anyone know anything regarding Netscape and that particular port?

Thanks.