Automated mail message regexes

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Sat Jan 31 23:57:24 CST 2004

Gerald Combs wrote:

> My question for the list is:  Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of
> regular expressions that can be used to match against automated bounce
> messages?

I don't know of any lists, but it is trivial to add that to bogofilters
training.

One can use a baysian filter to filter spam and/or bounce messages and
or viruses.  You can use one data base to do all or have three passes
each adding a separate tag.

One way is to forward any unwanted mail to a special mail address that
would get processed by a script to add the the bogofilter database. The
bogofilter folks are a kind and friendly lot as seen from the usenet
list at bogofilter at aotto.com

Bogofilter can be set it up to simply add a tag that can be used at any
point down stream for filtering.

Karl Schmidt EMail    Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street  Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049    FAX(785) 841-0434

Happiness is a Swedish sunset; it is there for all, but most of us look
the other way and lose it.--Mark Twain