[OT] Mission to the Moon

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Thu Jan 29 19:16:00 CST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:53:33 -0600, Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) wrote:
>A private company is planning to launch a mission to the moon by October
>or November:
>
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=96&ncid=96&e=1&u=/space/
>20040129/sc_space/flymystufftothemoonprivatemissionslatedforfalllaunch

I think I'm joining the David Nicol wild idea club with this one, but
it seems to me that KCLUG could put Apache in this little box on the
moon and serve a website from the moon!

Anyone willing to invest? We could probably do it for less than five
figures and a whole buncha technical know-how.

We could rent webspace at http://www.servingfromthemoon.org/ and
allow others to serve their sites from the moon, too. And even
send email "from" the moon. Who has $9,000 to spare?

Honest; this is a whole lot kinder than stealing rocks from the moon.

-Jared