Linux on the Desktop

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Wed Jan 28 18:16:31 CST 2004

<WORDY RANT>
<SNIP>
> I don't really feel like our goal should be to put Linux on every desk
> top.
> I'm happy to cede Bill Gates the bottom of the heap, the cheap
> businessmen,
> the idiot home users, the ones who really should be using Windows, not
> Linux.
> For the evangelists out there though, the need for expert support is still
> the stumbling block.
</WORDY RANT>

The nice thing about Linux is YOU can feel that way while thousands of
other programmers are working to make it a viable desktop. Nobody controls
it. Sweet, eh?

Desktop = Portal to Internet & Computing. Lots of money and power there
(hence M$).

Personally, I want more games to run on Linux, then I'll move my desktop.