VOIP home phone systems

Kris Bodenheimer numa at thenuma.com
Mon Jan 26 18:23:09 CST 2004

I think you all are missing the point of VOIP.  All VOIP is a convenient
home phone.  I use packet8, sometimes it sorta sucks, big deal, I have a
cell phone.  My cell calls 911, it always works.  Packet8 gives me a
CHEAP way to make long distance calls, and let's people get ahold of me
easy.  it's also nice to be able quit accepting calls at 10:00 at night
by changing my routing rules.  VOIP is not  1 to 1 replacement for a
landline, but, for us younger generation, it is a HELLUVA lot cheaper
than SWB for what we use it for.