Wireless Warsitting (as opposed to wardriving)

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 24 13:06:35 CST 2004

At 11:53 AM 1/23/2004, Leo J Mauler wrote:
>Warsitting - trying to find unsecured WAPs while moving as little as
>possible from your home.

I have to laugh at that one -- I put in a wireless here and found all sorts
of WAP's in my neighborhood.  In my bedroom I can hook up to someone's
Linksys on Comcast.   In my living room I can get two neighbor's
signals.  At my father-in-law's (Oak Grove) I get a HUGE signal but it's
locked down.  It's locked down to the point the SSID randomizes
even.   (???)   I wish I would have known about all these hotspots before
when my DSL was down -- I would have given the proverbial you know what for
access then.  At least now with my laptop I can walk around and work on
projects while between eating/sleeping/getting ready for work . . . that
sort of thing.