Job Posting

Paul Taylor paul at kcnetcare.com
Tue Jan 20 03:27:16 CST 2004

I didn't say script monkeys make $80,000 a year, at least I don't
personally know any. I do know the job postings are for $40,000 [low
end] to $60,000 [high end] for the sysadmin or script monkeys. I'm not a
unix / coding guru so I've never applied.

Some guy in my peer group was making $80,000 a year, quit his job and
moved to Atlanta (home town) to work for Scientific Atlanta. They paid
him a large bonus up front and gave him a nice raise. 5 weeks later they
fired him because "he didn't sell aggressively". They failed to mention
his job entailed sales in the beginning and he offered to "adapt" but
the manager didn't want to give him another chance. That's his side of
the story, who knows. Meanwhile, he tried to get his old job back but
they already hired someone in his spot.

I guess the moral of the story is grass is NOT greener on the other
side.

He's the only person I personally know who went to another company and
it didn't work out for the better (at least yet).

Paul