An idea to help our spam issues...

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Thu Jan 15 23:08:46 CST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:05:48 -0600, Kris Bodenheimer wrote:
>Why don't we just change the name of the "bin" that receives list mail?
>That would alleviate a lot of the spam we get.  seems easy, quick,
>painless.  Kris

Sadly, that is only a temporary solution. Nearly two thirds of all
emails sent in December were spam.

Filters are necessary until spam is legislated out of existence,
and then, sadly, law enforcement will have another way to
corral all geeks because of a few who misuse the system.

If we could only educate these people who actually make
purchases from spam; once people stop responding to spam
it will go away.

-Jared