eFax & AOpen Modumb

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Jan 15 00:01:20 CST 2004

Does anyone use eFax?

  http://www.cce.com/efax/

I am trying to get it working with my AOpen FM56-SV fax/modumb. It's a
winModumb, but the Linuxant drivers got it recognized. I could get in
via minicom and dial numbers.

However, I'm having problems getting eFax to work. It gets hung up on
the "class" of modem I have. According to specs:

 http://www.aopencenter.com/Products/modem/fm56-sv.asp

it's a Class 1, and I have it configured as such in the eFax script.
When I send a prepared fax file, the following lines are shown,
indicating an error:

  efax: 51:07 command  "+FCLASS=1"
  efax: 51:07 waiting 5.0 s
  efax: 51:07 .874 [<CR><LF>ERROR<CR><LF>]
  efax: 51:07 response "ERROR"
  efax: 51:07 Error: wrong response after command:  +FCLASS=1
  efax: 51:07 failed -> fax.ps.001

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I chose eFax because it seemed easier to configure than HylaFAX.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica