Modem Question

Jon Moss jon at mossfam.net
Tue Jan 13 20:09:29 CST 2004

Actually, you hit the nail on the head because the problem is it is
locked.  How do I unlock the COM port (/dev/ttyS1) remotely (i.e., I'm at
work SSH'd in to a terminal session over the Internet)?

Once I get it unlocked, I planned on running minicom to reset the modem or
hang it up.

Thanks!

Jon Moss
> Jon Moss wrote:
>
> well, let's assume the serial port is unlocked .  run minicom, try
> typing ATZ into it, see what the modem does.  ATDT number dials, ATZ is
> a clear, ATH0 (don't quite remember that one) should hang up the modem.
> Kris

Thanks!

Jon Moss
jon at mossfam.net