Sun Keyboard under XFree86

Leonard, Phil Phil.Leonard at dsionline.com
Tue Jan 13 16:55:16 CST 2004

I emerged XFree on my Sun Ultra 30 and went to configure it but I can't seem to get the correct
setting for the keyboard.  I figured out that for the mouse I had to use /dev/sunmouse for the
driver but if I use the default settings for the keyboard (default from XFree86 -configure) then
XFree won't work (ie, blank screen and no keyboard response).  I changed the keyboard setting
to /dev/kbd and then XFree will display twm and then the keyboard "works" but none of the keys
are in the correct places.  Any ideas on what I should use for the keyboard setting to get my Sun
keyboard to work under XFree?

My "InputDevice" section in /etc/X11/XF86Config looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"