domain names and hosting

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Jan 13 15:30:25 CST 2004

https://registrar.godaddy.com/newdomains_us.asp?isc=&se=%2B&from%5Fapp=&authGuid=

The above is a link to a domain name sale for anybody who hasn't yet
claimed some internet real estate.  You can get a .us or .biz domain name
for $4.95 per year.  I got a domain name for 2 years under $10 and got free
hosting via that deal posted here the other day.   For those that missed it, http://www.1and1.com
has 3 years free hosting for small personal sites.  The
offer is open for another 9 days and they are Linux friendly.  You can't beat
free.  I've been putting it off because of lack of time and lack of content,
but I recently had a few ideas and wanted to start playing w/ mysql and a forum/nuke site.   Leo
also mentioned http://www.freeshell.org/, that has low cost hosting/shell accounts, although I
don't think you get as much space as the other service.

Do whatever you want, but don't miss a good deal.  Especially free stuff.

Brian Kelsay