UMKC Hacked!

Brig C. McCoy mccoyb at lindahall.org
Mon Jan 12 21:07:59 CST 2004

FWIW, here's what the public web site has to say
<http://www.umkc.edu/more/?_in=.20040113-0002>:

Password change required for all Active Directory Accounts

UMKC Information Services
9am January 12, 2004

Due to a security breach, we have had to take the precaution of requiring
all campus Active Directory accounts to change passwords at the next logon.

Users who manage service accounts, guest accounts, generic-use accounts
should reset their passwords. If you have any accounts that you have not
yet changed a password on, you should change the password on the account.

We apologize for the lack of notice on the password changes. We are still
gathering information, and fixing password change pages on some systems
that are not prompting correctly.

To clarify; new passwords must be at least 8 characters in length and
contain a combination of lower case alpha letters, at least one upper case
alpha letter, and at least one number/symbol.

===end===

...brig

--
Brig C. McCoy                   5109 Cherry St
Head, Systems Office            Kansas City, MO  64110  USA

PGP Public Key: <http://www.theworld.com/~brigc/pgp/>