RealTek RTL8139 Linux driver for Debian install?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jan 12 03:06:23 CST 2004

Thanks, Gerald!  You got a lot farther than I did.

On Sunday, January 11, 2004 03:32 pm, Gerald Combs wrote:

>     http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=09

> it's a combination nVidia / RealTek device.

That much I got...

> After checking around, it
> appears that you need nVidia's nForce driver:

>     http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0261

Well, I tried the SuSE 9.0 specific RPM, it has a bunch of unresolved symbols
and won't load.  Nice RPM unconfigures any working audio and networking in
your /etc/conf.modules - but at least it saves the old file.

I'll try building the module from source tomorrow, I think it may be that I'm
using the latest Athalon-optimized kernel.